XZW (Xtreme Zone Wrestling!)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE DEFINE THE WORD EXTREME!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplay Guide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
helnik17
Admin

Roleplay Guide  Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay Guide    Roleplay Guide  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:33 pm

This here is a guide how to roleplay for those who are still a bit unexperienced. The roleplay sample at the end will also show how RPs will have to look like in our federation, so everyone should read this guide however good he thinks he is

To help me explain everything I will use my wrestler Helnik17and Hotshot to create a roleplay which I will develop further through this guide and add the stuff I talk about.

First off, a roleplay always consists of someone telling something to someone else. That means first off you should think about what message you have to tell and to whom. It could be to another wrestler, to the audience, to your trainer or lover, etc. So the basic roleplay is something like this:

Helnik17: Hey there Buddy, Hows it going.

Of course this roleplay sucks, but it contains all the informations it has to. The key to a good roleplay is the image in your head when you think of the situation. Try to describe that picture as clearly and detailed as possible, so everyone else can imagine what you thought of. One crucial point to this is the location: Will your wrestler confront someone in the parking lot or in the ring? Will it just be a message via a video on the titan tron? Remember, the more details you write down, the better everyone can imagine the scene. For my example I used the parking lot as location:

The camera goes to the parking lot of the arena with hundreds of cars neatly parked in rows. Among them brightly colored cheap cars can be found, as well as black and white limousines. Nearest to the arena are the buses and trucks containing the equipment for the show.

Right in front of the production truck, the two wrestlers Helnik and Hotshot are standing in front of each other.

Helnik17: "I will beat You!"

This roleplay already looks a lot better than the first one, but still there's a lot of room for improvement. So far we completely ignored the wrestlers themselves. Each wrestler has an own attitude and look, so don't forget to describe them, too. Of course you know what your own wrestler is like, but what about the other one? That's what the gimmicks are for. At this point it becomes clear how important a good gimmick page is. If you don't describe your wrestler in detail, the others won't know who your wrestler is and therefore they won't be able to describe him or her the way you want them to.

After looking up the gimmicks, start describing the scene again, but this time include the wrestler's looks in your describtion. When you did that, let them interact, that means if one of them says something, the other one reacts. Especially the sentence "I will beat you" can be said in a million ways, so be creative. Try to add the wrestlers' moods, the way they talk and move. So for the my final example, I tried to describe the wrestlers as good as I can, especially marking the difference.

The camera goes to the parking lot of the arena with hundreds of cars neatly parked in rows. Among them brightly colored cheap cars can be found, as well as black and white limousines. Nearest to the arena are the buses and trucks containing the equipment for the show.

Right in front of the production truck stands a short figure dressed in street clothes and a soccer shirt on which's back the name Hotshot can be read. The wrestler strolls around getting some fresh air before his match.

Suddenly a figure standing in at 6ft 2 inches walks over to Hotshot.. He seems to be wearing a dazzling blue sleeveless hoodie and 3/4 jeans. On his shoulder is the championship that is gonna be defended the following night.

Helnik17 comes face to face with Hotshot and looks him in the eye.

Helnik17: I am gonna beat you!

Hotshot replies with some amount of tension in his voice.

Hotshot: Oh yeah? Why wait for tomorrow.. Lets do it right here.

He motions towards the parking lot.

Helnik17 smirks and says

Helnik17: I don't see how fighting you is gonna benefit me in any way. I've got the money,the title,the girls,the fame everything i need.. Fighting you is just a waste of time, Get lost.

They stare into each others eyes for several seconds and then Hotshot walks off.

I hope you all understood now what roleplaying is about and got some ideas from reading this guide. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or anyone else in this federation. And now have fun writing the story and live of your wrestler!

Back to top Go down
https://xtremezonewrestling.forumotion.com
Vicious71

Roleplay Guide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Guide    Roleplay Guide  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:12 am

bounce Vicious71: Screen play should be in Italic letters bounce
Back to top Go down

Roleplay Guide
Page 1 of 1